How To Clear Your Record
  1. Home
  2.  » How To Clear Your Record

Clearing Criminal Records For College Kids

Last updated on March 8, 2021

College students don’t always appreciate what a criminal conviction means for their future. Having a misdemeanor or felony conviction on your record can make passing job background checks and buying or even renting a home more difficult. Even as they’re going through the criminal justice system, students sometimes don’t think of the consequences.

Dean Watts has 20 years of experience working with families in Nacogdoches and the surrounding communities to clear criminal records for college students. Mr. Watts is approachable, easy to talk to and honest about what the student can expect after a conviction. He will work closely with you to help you get a fresh start after a criminal conviction.

Expunging Or Sealing Your Criminal Record

Texas provides two methods for removing a criminal conviction from your record: petitioning for an expunction or sealing the record with a court order of nondisclosure. When a criminal conviction is expunged or sealed, you can legally claim that you were never arrested. All records of your arrest and conviction are hidden from the general public, including potential employers, banks and property owners.

Crimes That Qualify For Removal

Not all crimes can be removed from your criminal record. Arrests and convictions that can be removed include offenses not resulting in conviction regardless of level. Arrests that resulted in no charges being filed or having charges dismissed also qualify for removal. Those acquitted or pardoned or who were charged with a Class C misdemeanor that resulted in deferred adjudication also qualify. Attorney Watts can review your situation and advise you on your options. If you qualify, he can help you file for an expungement or a court order of nondisclosure to clear your record.

For Assistance Clearing A Criminal Record, Contact Dean Watts, Attorney at Law

If your child has a criminal record, their future may depend on clearing that record. Your child’s job opportunities and ability to get a loan or find a place to live are greatly impaired with a criminal record. Dean Watts can help you give your child a brighter future. Schedule a consultation today by calling (936) 559-9288 or filling out our online contact form.